County 911 building
Emergency Management Agency
17175 Route 6
Smethport, PA 16749
(for internal use only)
E-mail: click here
Director of Emergency Management Agency
McKean County Emergency Management Agency
2 total full-time, non-bargaining, Civil Service (2 volunteers - Deputy Director)
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To manage the mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from disasters or major emergencies which may occur within the County of McKean.
2. Identify and implement precautionary measures to mitigate against potential hazards.
3. Provide or arrange for training programs for local government departments and community groups on emergency management.
4. Act as a liaison with state and federal emergency management officials.
5. Take command of the EOC in all emergency situations.
6. Establish emergency operation plans for disasters and large, public events within the County of McKean.
The mission of the McKean County Emergency Management Agency is to coordinate the response of emergency services and volunteer agencies and assist with any unmet needs, supporting county and local governments in the areas of civil defense, disaster mitigation and preparedness, planning, and response to and recovery from manmade or natural disasters. We undertake this mission with clear customer-focus and recognition that people are the most valuable asset. We value the contributions and dedication of the personnel who staff the emergency response and management systems. We employ and deploy the best available technologies in support of our mission. Above all, we cherish the men, women, families and children of McKean County and work tirelessly to make our County a safer place to live and prosper.
1. Commissioner's Office
2. McKean County 911
3. Sheriff's Department
4. Treasurer's Office
5. Controller's Office
6. District Attorney's Office
7. Assessment Office
8. Planning Office
1. 1 . Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency-PEMA
2. State Fire Commissioner's Office
3. American Red Cross
4. Department of Environmental Protection-DEP
5. North West Central Emergency Response Group - NWCERG
6. (includes 6 PA counties)
7. Department of Agriculture
8. National Weather Service
9. Fire, Police, EMS Agencies of McKean County
10. 22 county municipalities and the local coordinator